Additional CICP Company Information
GAS ANALYSIS PRODUCTS
- CICP’s product line of gas analysis systems includes proprietary
nickel-plated, stainless steel long path and short path gas cells for
corrosive and toxic gas applications; aluminum body gas cells for
general gas analysis; and the new IRGAS, SPGAS, and SpectraStream
array of products for industry, environment, and government.
HIGHLIGHTS AND FEATURES OF THE CICP PRODUCTS
Integrated Real-Time Gas Analysis Solution
Turnkey system, 5 to 10-ppb
sensitivity, corrosive toxic gas protection, measures almost
all impurities in electronic specialty gases nickel-plated stainless
steel with gold-coated stainless steel mirrors.
SPecialty Gas Analysis System and
|Total hardware and software
management, user friendly direct read-outs and alarms, unique
multi-band and multi-component CLS technology, ppb sensitivity.
measures in seconds, not minutes/hours; both short-term and
long-term monitoring, spectrometer drift correcting.
Self-Optimizing Specialty Gas Calibration Error Reduction Software
|Comprehensive new quantitative
analysis and system management software including enhanced modules
for spectral collection, pic control, hardware control,
quantification analysis engine, and reporting module.
Long Path Gas Cells
stainless steel gas cells and mirrors for corrosive and toxic gases,
high-energy throughput for high sensitivity (ppb) analyses,
proprietary coated mirrors, high gas flow rates and rapid gas
Short Path Gas Cells
|High-energy throughput for UV-IR
applications, nickel-plated stainless steel for corrosives,
fiber-optic couplings available.
- Access the use of these products by choosing Applications from the
menu bar or by reading it here.
- Despite the worldwide financial situation, there are four robust,
primary industry markets for gas analysis instrumentation: chemical,
semiconductor, environmental, and petroleum/natural gas. There are
also market opportunities in solar, military/homeland security, pharma,
and research. The largest industries and markets are in North America,
Asia, and Europe – all served by CICP.
- CICP reaches these markets with direct staff contact, an
international network of sales representatives, and trade shows.
- For example, one segment of CICP’s revenues is driven by the needs
of the growing $200 billion semiconductor industry and by the
associated demands of the electronic specialty gas chemical production
industry that services the semiconductor manufacturers. Currently, the
industries present a $75 million market opportunity for CICP. However,
as more semiconductor manufacturers install dedicated facilities in
house to address increasing purity requirements, CICP’s detailed
estimates show that the emerging requirement for gas analysis systems
to be installed will result in growth to $200-250 million through the
next industry cycle.
- Over the last 16 years, CICP has established itself as a leading
supplier to the gas analysis markets by delivering superior tailored
solutions and technical standards. Building upon their core
competencies, CICP’s flagship product is the Integrated Real Time Gas
Analysis Solution (IRGAS) line of gas analyzers. This FTIR line of gas
analyzers is a system solution leveraging two proprietary technologies
and a third private label component to achieve the needs of customers
in the areas of detection, identification and measurement. The
- 1. CICP’s high end proprietary design and fabricated gas
- 2. Either of several brands of industry recognized,
high-quality, private label spectrometers.
- 3. CICP’s patent-protected spectroscopic analysis and
process control software.
- With appropriate accessories for the three components listed
above, CICP can quickly and efficiently meet the needs of a broad
range of gas analysis applications in the worldwide growth industries:
||CICP IRGAS Product
measurement of wafer damaging impurities in the cleaning, etching
and epi-treatment gases
||Critical process optimization for
fractionation towers; mudlogging
assessments of the thermodynamics of new turbine engine technologies
||EM and AMI Instruments
||Measuring the concentrations of
emission polllutants and plant-air contaminants, respectively
BLUE CHIP CUSTOMERS
- CICP customers include at least three of the top ten producers in
each respective segment. More than fifty percent are repeat customers
due to CICP’s reputation as a quality manufacturer with great customer
service. Since the top four industry markets total more than $1.4
billion, with an estimated sales cap for CICP’s market segment of more
than $750 million, CICP envisions tremendous opportunities for
continued growth based on CICP’s ability to win and retain customers.
- View a partial list of customers by choosing Customers from the
menu bar or by reading it here.
PROPRIETARY AND PATENTED TECHNOLOGY
- With two patents and two copyrights covering its gas cell and software products, CICP holds a strong proprietary position in the elements that are the heart of the IRGAS system. Specifically, CICP’s software is the most powerful and most comprehensive tool for spectroscopic chemical gas analysis on the market. As a result, CICP is able to provide superior detection of chemical concentration changes online within seconds (versus minutes) by utilizing a statistical technique, a weighted average, multiband, multivariate, classical least squares analysis. Furthermore, the trade secrets surrounding optical parameters for the gas cell mirrors, their reflective gold coatings and the critical alignment of those mirrors by CICP are essential to the company’s success in the marketplace.
- CICP’s technology is further highlighted by the following key
||Attribute Being Measured
Patented-protected Quantitative Gas Analysis System
analysis speeds (seconds versus minutes)
|Proprietary Fabrication of Cells
||Improved energy throughputs with
percentages in the 40-60s versus the 15-20s of competitors
Coated Cell Designs
lifecycles multiples of competitors
Other key differentiators include:
- * Turnkey hardware and software;
- * Unique
- * Internal PNNL gas calibrations;
- * Proven high sensitivity
long path gas cells;
- * Integrated, computer-controlled gas handling
- * Software that goes beyond data collection; and
- * Customization to customer demands.
- CICP innovation is a fortuitous combination of customer demand and
CICP’s corporate knowhow. Products like IRGAS systems, SPGAS and
SpectraStream software confirm that CICP is the technical leader of
the industry. Continuing its mission of providing instrumentation that
offers customers a great combination of price and performance, CICP is
currently developing new hardware and software products for
introduction in late 2012. All research and development is done by the
very talented CICP staff.
- The experienced and committed technical team at
CICP has worked together for ten years. Together they have filed a
number of patents and won several industry awards. Key personnel
Richard T. Meyer, Ph.D. - CEO & President.
Dr. Meyer has thirty years of technology management experience
encompassing basic and applied research, technology management, and
capital formation strategy. He has led CICP since its inception in
1994, transitioning it from an optical accessories company with a
limited market to a complete solutions provider to a large and rapidly
Jorge E. Perez, MSEE - COO and VP of R&D.
Mr. Perez joined CICP in 1997. He developed the system management
software for the IRGAS product, the SPGAS software package and the
patented SpectraStream software, and our new patented Aria software.
CICP has been profitable for years. The elements
in the cost of goods sold are under control. The balance sheet holds
no surprises. Detailed financials are part of a formal disclosure.
- CICP currently operates in leased office/light industrial space from
Fair Plaza Associates in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The facility includes
business offices, testing labs, production areas, inventory storage,
shipping and receiving and a small machine shop. CICP has a first right
of refusal on additional space in the building when it is needed.
- CICP’s Albuquerque manufacturing unit purchases very high quality,
custom parts from fabricators across the USA. Redundant suppliers are
available. CICP tests, assembles, tests, calibrates, and then final
tests the completed units. In November 2007, CICP qualified and received
ISO 9001:2000 registration for its processes; in November 2009, the
certification was enhanced to ISO 9001:2008. This certification applies
to the quality processes CICP employs in production and management to
meet customer requirements. The scope of the registration includes: The
Design, Manufacture, and Integration of Chemical Instrumentation for
Scientific and Industrial Applications.